Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Life As I've Seen It: 2006

I wanted to do a picture review of '06, so here goes:






Last trip with Jake before basic; we spent a week at Aunt Mary's in Siesta Key, FL. SO beautiful!!!!//My 22nd bday.// Jake's family day; our first view of him in weeks!// Spring break in Cocoa Beach, FL. What a great view from the room!//Graduation from basic at Fort Knox, KY. Almost free!//



Went out West for the first time with my brother on his way out to Seattle; this is our stop at the corn palace in S. Dakota.//Me regarder à Paris!!!//Visiting Jake in Seattle; this is a bronze pig actually named Rachel at Pike’s Place Market.//




Visiting Lucy out in Iowa.//Smokin’ hotties@ Julia’s wedding.//David Crowder Band: his music has inspired and challenged my worldview in the past year.//First Ohio State game with Jason! So awesome, can’t wait to go again!//




In NYC for the first time with old friend Carissa; what a world to live in. This is Carrie’s stoop from Sex & the City.//Thanksgiving in Seattle with the family.// Steppin’ it up with Josh; we’re on our way to The Sound of Music @ the Civic.//Me and the guys on our way to Chicago. We rock. Period.//



Jake arriving home for Christmas; this is what happiness looks like :)//The cousins at the progressive dinner. Obviously this is the candid shot, we’re not always this attractive.//Christmas dinner @ Grandma’s; notice how everyone is smiling!//Present time! Our new hats are so sweet!//

**************************************************************************************************************************************


It's amazing to look back at these pictures and realize how much has happened in one year, especially since it goes by so quickly! I've traveled places, seen things, and had experiences that I'll never forget. I love pictures, especially when they capture moments that are filled with so much joy. The thing is though, there are so many moments that are never captured by photograph, and often they are the ones I want most to never forget! Perhaps this is because they are memories filled emotion more than anything, which of course will never be properly expressed in a photograph.

The year has been like most others in many ways: filled with laughter, tears, joy, and confusion. It does stand apart though. I've done things and survived through things that never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see or survive. I saw the Eiffel tower and Trevi Fountain, the Rocky Mountains, my brother graduate from basic training, New York City and an Ohio State football game! I've made new friends, revisited old ones, and repaired splintered friendships. I've learned the value of family and friendship, and how to balance them both.

Most importantly, I've completely re-evaluated my faith in God, and everything which goes with that (which is just about everything!). Everything that I thought made me a "bad" Christian has slid away, and I've found myself fresh and challenged in all new ways the past year. God carried me through incredible pain and suffering, and he danced with me during indescribable joys and peace. I have absolutely no idea where the next year will take me, and that's ok. All I know is that God will be with me, and He has great plans :)

Happy New Year all! God is so GOOD!

~~Rach~~



No comments: